Andrew David Blattner
Cape Girardeau County Recorder of Deeds
#1 Barton Square Suite 203
Jackson, MO 63755
Phone: (573) 243-8123
Fax: (573) 204-2477
Office Hours: 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM Monday through Friday
The Recorder’s office is located on the street level or second floor of the Administration building
- Recording Fees
- Recording Requirements
- Obtaining a Marriage License
- Records & Copy Request
- Credit Card Payment Center
Records may be searched in the office or through the following online options:
The following records are available remotely via our ArcaSearch System:
- Index to Deed Books: 1805-1989 (Free)
- Deed Record Books:1805-1964
- Deed of Trust Record Books: 1805-1969
- Original Deeds: 1800’s
- Index to Marriage Books: 1806-1991 (Free)
- Marriage Record Books: 1806-April 1, 1968
- Original Marriage Records 1798-1881
- Marriage Licenses & Marriage License Applications (1881-1973)
- Index to County Surveyor Records: Circa 1859-1943 (Free)
- County Surveyor Record Books: Circa 1859-1943
- Index to Plats: 1806-2011 (Free)
- Plat of Bella Vista Subdivision: Plat Book 11 Page 2
- Index to Military Service Records: 1918-1991 (Free)
- ArcaSearch Historical Research Site
The following records are available remotely via our Fidlar System (Tapestry, Laredo, & Monarch):
- Plats 1806-2022
- Surveys 1991-2022
- Deeds 1984-2022 (Fully Indexed),
- Deeds 1965-1983 (searchable by Book and Page only)
- Deeds of Trust 1984-2022 (Fully Indexed)
- Deeds of Trust 1970-1983 (searchable by Book and Page only)
- Tax Liens Oct 1996-2022
- Marriage Records 1974- Mar 2007
Tapestry is designed for occasional searchers with a fee per search and print: Visit the Tapestry website.
Laredo is designed for regular searchers who pay for a subscription to search indexed records with images: View Laredo Pricing.
We also offer a bulk document image and/or data subscription service called Monarch.
*Contact the office to find out more information on obtaining subscription-based remote access.
Marriage License Applicants can be searched by clicking on the links below and searching the PDF for the correct year range:
- (Last First Middle) (no commas)
- (Last , First Middle) (You must enter a space after the last name before the comma)
Other Useful Resources:
- Property Fraud Alert
- Honor Rewards
- Missouri Land Survey Database (Plats & Surveys)
- United States Bureau of Land Management (Land Patents & Bounty Land Warrants)
- Missouri Revised Statutes
- Missouri Recorders Association
- Cape Girardeau County Genealogical Society
- Deeds Records 1805-1910 & Index to Deeds 1805-1904
- Marriage Records 1805-1950 & Index to Marriage Records 1805-1952
- Marriage Records 1877-1921
- History of the Recorder of Deeds office
Contact our office to obtain the following records:
- Marriage Licenses and Marriage License Applications: April 2007-2022
- Military Service Records: 1919-2022 (Closed to Public)
- Uniform Commercial Code Financing Statements
- Homeschooling Records
*You must contact our office to obtain Certified Copies.
Major responsibilities of the Recorder of Deeds Office include:
- Recording all records pertaining to land transactions, such as warranty deeds, deeds of trust, releases, plats, surveys, judgments, and tax liens.
- Issuing and recording marriage licenses and provide copies of the licenses when requested.
- Filing Military discharge records (DD214) and providing copies at no charge (closed records).
- In 2020, we collected $814,320 in fee revenue. The office collects document fees and disperses them monthly to various funds in the county and the state. Fees collected by the Recorder’s office fund the office, and also provide money to the county’s general revenue fund to be used at the county commission’s discretion.
- It is our duty to insure that all public records recorded in this office our easily accessible and that all documents are preserved for future generations. We continually work toward that goal through digitization, microfilming, archival storage practices, and back indexing.
The Recorder of Deeds office of Cape Girardeau County is here to serve the public in being an open and available entity. A record is not just a document, but a testament of a life event. In a time in your life when a major event is happening, whether it be getting married or purchasing a home we seek to offer great customer service. Our goal is to protect and preserve some of the most important events of your life and insure they are here for generations to come.