COUNTY COMMISSION MEETING AGENDA – REVISED
THURSDAY, JANUARY 30, 2020 9:00 AM
COUNTY ADMINISTRATION BUILDING
COMMISSION CHAMBERS, 3RD FLOOR
ONE BARTON SQUARE
JACKSON, MO 63755
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
The County Commission may, as part of their regular/open meeting, conduct any such business that may come before the Commission.
APPROVAL OF MINUTES-
- Minutes for January 27, 2020 meeting.
Communications/Reports – Other Elected Officials
PUBLIC COMMENTS – Items listed on the agenda
Individuals who wish to make comments regarding items listed on the agenda must first be recognized by the Presiding Commissioner. Each speaker must state his/her name and address for the record. All comments will be directed to the Commission.
Matters listed within Routine Business have been distributed to each member of the Cape Girardeau County Commission for reading and study, are considered to be routine. If separate discussion is desired, that item may be removed from Routine Business and placed on the Regular Agenda by request of a member of the Commission.
1. Purchase Orders
2. Payroll Change Forms
3. Fruitland Area Fire Protection District Annual Report
4. Records Disposal Request – Human Resources
5. Partially Protested Taxes for December 2019
6. 2019 Annual Report – Cape Girardeau County University of Missouri Extension, Anthony Ohmes
APPOINTMENTS & POSSIBLE ACTION ITEMS
1. 9:00 a.m.- Present Ordinance No. 20-01 for Approval – An Ordinance Authorizing the County Of Cape Girardeau, Missouri to enter into a lease purchase transaction, the proceeds of which will be used to pay costs of constructing, furnishing and equipping improvements to the Sheriff’s Office and acquiring dispatch equipment for the Sheriff’s Department; and authorizing the execution of certain documents and actions in connection therewith. ($4,065,000 Certificates of Participation Series 2020)
DISCUSSION AND POSSIBLE ACTION
1. Discuss Adding the New 911 Dispatch Center Electronic Equipment to County
Insurance (Electronic Data Processing Coverage)
2. Vacation Rollover Request -Prosecuting Attorney Office
OTHER DISCUSSION AND POSSIBLE ACTION
1. Update on New Court Facilities Project
POSSIBLE ACTION-COUNTY ADVISORY BOARDS
Individuals who wish to make comments regarding items not listed on the agenda must first be recognized by the Presiding Commissioner. Each speaker must state his/her name and address for the record. All comments will be directed to the Commission.
1. CLOSED SESSION 610.021. (21) Technology/Computer Network
*(The County Commission may, as part of a regular or special County Commission meeting, hold a closed session to discuss legislation or litigation, leasing, purchasing, real estate, or personnel matters). Authority is Section 610.021, Revised Statutes of Missouri, as amended.
January 29, 2020