Monday, August 18, 2014
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
The County Commission may, as part of their regular/open meeting, conduct any such business that may come before the Commission.
APPROVAL OF MINUTES – August 14, 2014
Communications/Reports – Other Elected Officials
PUBLIC COMMENTS – Items listed on the agenda
Individuals who wish to make comments regarding items listed on the agenda must first be recognized by the Presiding Commissioner. Each speaker must state his/her name and address for the record. All comments will be directed to the Commission.
Matters listed within Routine Business have been distributed to each member of the Cape Girardeau County Commission for reading and study, are considered to be routine. If separate discussion is desired, that item may be removed from Routine Business and placed on the Regular Agenda by request of a member of the Commission.
- Purchase Orders.
APPOINTMENTS & POSSIBLE ACTION ITEM
9:00 a.m. Bob Adams – Request to bid or request to advertise for single source purchase of Assessment Consultant for Assessor Office
1. Accept and refer bids #14-03HWY081814G1 grading improvements for County Road 327 and 332 to Highway Department for review and recommendation.
2. Presentations from the following Boards on the proposed 2014 Property Tax Rates:
Senate Bill 40
3. Set a date for the 2014 Property Tax Rate Public Hearing.
DISCUSSION AND POSSIBLE ACTION
- Letter from County Auditor re: State Formula for 2014 County Property Tax Levy
- Request from City of Jackson Mayor Barbara Lohr for permission to use the courthouse and fountain for Going Gold for Kids to promote childhood cancer awareness.
DISCUSSION AND POSSIBLE ACTION – COUNTY ADVISORY BOARDS
1. None at this time.
Individuals who wish to make comments regarding items not listed on the agenda must first be recognized by the Presiding Commissioner. Each speaker must state his/her name and address for the record. All comments will be directed to the Commission.
1. None at this time.
(The County Commission may, as part of a regular or special County Commission meeting, hold a closed session to discuss legislation or litigation, leasing, purchasing, real estate, or personnel matters). Authority is Section 610.021, Revised Statutes of Missouri, as amended.
Posted: August 15, 2014 9:00 a.m.