COUNTY COMMISSION MEETING AGENDA
MONDAY, JULY 13, 2020 9:00 AM
FORMER JACKSON COURTHOUSE
101 COURT ST, 3RD FLOOR LARGE COURTROOM
JACKSON, MO 63755
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
The County Commission may, as part of their regular/open meeting, conduct any such business that may come before the Commission.
APPROVAL OF MINUTES
Minutes for June 22, 2020 Meeting
Minutes for July 6, 2020 Meeting
Communications/Reports – Other Elected Officials/DEPARTMENT HEADS
- COVID-19 Update: In an effort to keep Cape Girardeau County residents safe and aware regarding the status of the virus, Emergency Management Agency (EMA) Director Mark Winkler will be issuing an update at the county commission meetings. EMA is working with our local governments, public health center, and medical personnel to make sure the information regarding the coronavirus (COVID-19) is consistent and dependable.
PUBLIC COMMENTS – Items listed on the agenda
Individuals who wish to make comments regarding items listed on the agenda must first be recognized by the Presiding Commissioner. Each speaker must state his/her name and address for the record. All comments will be directed to the Commission.
Matters listed within Routine Business have been distributed to each member of the Cape Girardeau County Commission for reading and study, are considered to be routine. If separate discussion is desired, that item may be removed from Routine Business and placed on the Regular Agenda by request of a member of the Commission.
- Purchase Orders
- Payroll Change Forms
- Vacation Rollover Request
- Monthly Collections Statement for April 2020 & May 2020 from County Collector
- Sheriff’s Report for May 2020
- Bank Reconciliation for April 2020 and May 2020 from County Treasurer
- Administration Building Postage Report for June 2020
- Sales Tax, Prop 1 and Use Tax spreadsheets from County Treasurer
- County Highway Board August meeting cancelled
- Soft Match BRO Funds exchange with Butler County
APPOINTMENTS & POSSIBLE ACTION ITEMS
- Board Appointment – Dixie McCollum Reappointment to Cape Girardeau County Board for Developmentally Disabled for a three-year term ending 06/30/2023
DISCUSSION AND POSSIBLE ACTION
- Award Bid #07-08JUL20 for Carpet, Material Only (Old Sheriff Office) per Buildings & Grounds Supervisor
- Award Bid #08-10JUL20 for Publish 2020 Delinquent Land Tax Listings, County Collector’s Office
OTHER DISCUSSION AND POSSIBLE ACTION
- CARES Act Discussion – CARES Distribution Agreements
POSSIBLE ACTION-COUNTY ADVISORY BOARDS
Individuals who wish to make comments regarding items not listed on the agenda must first be recognized by the Presiding Commissioner. Each speaker must state his/her name and address for the record. All comments will be directed to the Commission.
*(The County Commission may, as part of a regular or special County Commission meeting, hold a closed session to discuss legislation or litigation, leasing, purchasing, real estate, or personnel matters). Authority is Section 610.021, Revised Statutes of Missouri, as amended.