COUNTY COMMISSION MEETING AGENDA
THURSDAY, JUNE 25, 2020 9:00 AM
FORMER JACKSON COURTHOUSE
101 COURT ST, 3RD FLOOR LARGE COURTROOM
JACKSON, MO 63755
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
The County Commission may, as part of their regular/open meeting, conduct any such business that may come before the Commission.
APPROVAL OF MINUTES
Communications/Reports – Other Elected Officials/DEPARTMENT HEADS
- COVID-19 Update: In an effort to keep Cape Girardeau County residents safe and aware regarding the status of the virus, Emergency Management Agency (EMA) Director Mark Winkler will be issuing an update at the county commission meetings. EMA is working with our local governments, public health center, and medical personnel to make sure the information regarding the coronavirus (COVID-19) is consistent and dependable.
PUBLIC COMMENTS – Items listed on the agenda
Individuals who wish to make comments regarding items listed on the agenda must first be recognized by the Presiding Commissioner. Each speaker must state his/her name and address for the record. All comments will be directed to the Commission.
Matters listed within Routine Business have been distributed to each member of the Cape Girardeau County Commission for reading and study, are considered to be routine. If separate discussion is desired, that item may be removed from Routine Business and placed on the Regular Agenda by request of a member of the Commission.
- Purchase Orders
- Payroll Change Forms
- DOR Notification of Business Retail Sales Tax License Revoked
APPOINTMENTS & POSSIBLE ACTION ITEMS
- 9:00 a.m. Patrick Kintner with Stanley, Dirnberger, Hopper and Associates LLC Certified Public Accountants – Presentation of external County Audit
DISCUSSION AND POSSIBLE ACTION
- RESOLUTION NO. 20-R3 A RESOLUTION OF THE COUNTY COMMISSION OF CAPE GIRARDEAU COUNTY, MISSOURI, TO APPROVE CAPE GIRARDEAU COUNTY SUBMITTING AN APPLICATION TO THE MISSOURI 911 SERVICE BOARD’S 911 FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE PROGRAM
- RESOLUTION 20-04 A RESOLUTION OF CAPE GIRARDEAU COUNTY AND THE CAPE GIRARDEAU COUNTY EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT AGENCY TO APPROVE TRANSMISSION OF FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE TO 911 SERVICE AUTHORITY, AUTHORIZE EXPENDITURE OF FUNDS FOR APPROVED PURPOSES ONLY, AND ANNUALLY BUDGET AMOUNTS FOR LOAN REPAYMENT AND REPAY LOANS WHEN APPLICABLE
- Award Tree Removal Project for 219 Missouri Street, Jackson, MO
- Award Ceiling Tile for Old Sheriff Office
- Pay Request from Penzel
- Approve Payment #44 from 2018 Certificates of Participation for Court House Project to Missouri Vocational Enterprises for furnishings and trims
- Board Appointment Cape County Board For The Developmentally Disabled Tameika Morris Three Year Term ending 6/30/2023
- Board Appointment Cape Girardeau County Reorganized Common Sewer District Board Greg Steiner Five Year Term ending 7/1/2025
- Board Appointment Senior Citizens Service Fund Board Bill Adams Four Year Term ending 6/24/2024
- Board Appointment Cape Girardeau County Transit Authority Board Bill Berry Four Year Term ending 6/15/2024
- Cares Act Funding Request Discussion
OTHER DISCUSSION AND POSSIBLE ACTION
POSSIBLE ACTION-COUNTY ADVISORY BOARDS
Individuals who wish to make comments regarding items not listed on the agenda must first be recognized by the Presiding Commissioner. Each speaker must state his/her name and address for the record. All comments will be directed to the Commission.
*(The County Commission may, as part of a regular or special County Commission meeting, hold a closed session to discuss legislation or litigation, leasing, purchasing, real estate, or personnel matters). Authority is Section 610.021, Revised Statutes of Missouri, as amended.
June 24, 2020
Posted: 09:00 a.m.