COUNTY COMMISSION MEETING AGENDA
MONDAY, JUNE 15, 2020 9:00 AM
COUNTY ADMINISTRATION BUILDING
COMMISSION CHAMBERS, 3RD FLOOR
ONE BARTON SQUARE
JACKSON, MO 63755
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
The County Commission may, as part of their regular/open meeting, conduct any such business that may come before the Commission.
APPROVAL OF MINUTES
- Minutes of June 8, 2020 Commission Meeting
- Minutes of June 11, 2020 Commission Meeting
Communications/Reports – Other Elected Officials/DEPARTMENT HEADS
- COVID-19 Update: In an effort to keep Cape Girardeau County residents safe and aware regarding the status of the virus, Emergency Management Agency (EMA) Director Mark Winkler will be issuing an update at the county commission meetings. EMA is working with our local governments, public health center, and medical personnel to make sure the information regarding the coronavirus (COVID-19) is consistent and dependable.
PUBLIC COMMENTS – Items listed on the agenda
Individuals who wish to make comments regarding items listed on the agenda must first be recognized by the Presiding Commissioner. Each speaker must state his/her name and address for the record. All comments will be directed to the Commission.
Matters listed within Routine Business have been distributed to each member of the Cape Girardeau County Commission for reading and study, are considered to be routine. If separate discussion is desired, that item may be removed from Routine Business and placed on the Regular Agenda by request of a member of the Commission.
- Purchase Orders
- Payroll Change Forms
- Riverside Regional Library 2019 Annual Report
APPOINTMENTS & POSSIBLE ACTION ITEMS
DISCUSSION AND POSSIBLE ACTION
- Vacation Carryover Request County Archive Center Employee
- Certification of Cape Girardeau County, Missouri Official Election Returns April 7, 2020 General Municipal Election Held on June 2, 2020
- County Commission Order 20-03 Imposing a Countywide Sales Tax of One Half (1/2) of One Percent (1%) for the Purpose of Providing Law Enforcement and Public Safety Services for the County
- Department of Justice Office of Justice Programs Notice of Approved Application County of Cape Girardeau BJA FY 20 Coronavirus Emergency Supplemental Funding Program Grant Award $58,008
OTHER DISCUSSION AND POSSIBLE ACTION
POSSIBLE ACTION-COUNTY ADVISORY BOARDS
Individuals who wish to make comments regarding items not listed on the agenda must first be recognized by the Presiding Commissioner. Each speaker must state his/her name and address for the record. All comments will be directed to the Commission.
*(The County Commission may, as part of a regular or special County Commission meeting, hold a closed session to discuss legislation or litigation, leasing, purchasing, real estate, or personnel matters). Authority is Section 610.021, Revised Statutes of Missouri, as amended.
June 12, 2020
Posted: 9:00 a.m.