COUNTY COMMISSION MEETING AGENDA
MONDAY, DECEMBER 28, 2020 9:00 AM
FORMER JACKSON COURTHOUSE
100 COURT ST, 3RD FLOOR LARGE COURTROOM
JACKSON, MO 63755
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
The County Commission may, as part of their regular/open meeting, conduct any such business that may come before the Commission.
APPROVAL OF MINUTES
Minutes for December 21, 2020 Meeting
Communications/Reports – Other Elected Officials/DEPARTMENT HEADS
- COVID-19 Update: In an effort to keep Cape Girardeau County residents safe and aware regarding the status of the virus, Emergency Management Agency (EMA) Director Mark Winkler will be issuing an update at the county commission meetings. EMA is working with our local governments, public health center, and medical personnel to make sure the information regarding the coronavirus (COVID-19) is consistent and dependable.
PUBLIC COMMENTS – Items listed on the agenda
Individuals who wish to make comments regarding items listed on the agenda must first be recognized by the Presiding Commissioner. Each speaker must state his/her name and address for the record. All comments will be directed to the Commission.
Matters listed within Routine Business have been distributed to each member of the Cape Girardeau County Commission for reading and study, are considered to be routine. If separate discussion is desired, that item may be removed from Routine Business and placed on the Regular Agenda by request of a member of the Commission.
- Purchase Orders
- Payroll Change Forms
- Inventory Update Forms
- Courthouse Postage Report
- CART Distribution Notice
- Letter from Missouri Association of Counties
- Sheriff’s Report for November 2020
- Paid Tax Receipt for 219 N Missouri St, Jackson MO
APPOINTMENTS & POSSIBLE ACTION ITEMS
- Public Hearing: 2021 Budget for Cape Girardeau County
DISCUSSION AND POSSIBLE ACTION
- Public Hearing: Request to Apply for Recreational Trails Grant
- Agreement for Indigent Cremation
- W.E. Walker Lakenan – Insurance Renewal Property Coverage, Equipment Coverage, Commercial Crime
- CARES Act
POSSIBLE ACTION-COUNTY ADVISORY BOARDS
- Reappoint Susan Layton Tomlin to Domestic Violence Authority Board (2-year term)
- Reappoint Walt Wildman to Domestic Violence Authority Board (2-year term)
Individuals who wish to make comments regarding items not listed on the agenda must first be recognized by the Presiding Commissioner. Each speaker must state his/her name and address for the record. All comments will be directed to the Commission.
*The County Commission may, as part of a regular or special County Commission meeting, hold a closed session to discuss legislation or litigation, leasing, purchasing, real estate, or personnel matters. Authority is Section 610.021, Revised Statutes of Missouri, as amended.