Occasionally, Cape Girardeau County finds itself with items that have reached the end of their useful life with the county, or are no longer needed. Rather than these items ending up in a landfill somewhere, we feel that offering these items to the public and extending their useful life accomplishes good stewardship of the environment, and good usage of your tax dollars as well. All money received from the sale of surplus property will be returned either to County Revenue, or to the department the item was originally purchased from.
****Listing of Surplus Property currently for sale****
Surplus Property Online Auction Rules and Regulations
1. All auctions will be for a period of 14 or more days unless otherwise stated. No late bids will be accepted.
2. Bid the amount you are willing to pay for the item. There is no proxy bidding at this time. If you submit a winning bid of $40.00 for Lot #113, and the next lowest bid is $20.00, you will be paying $40.00 for the item. In the case that the winning bid is a tie, the earliest bid recieved will be awarded. We are now using our new bidding system, with an interface more famileia to those who use Ebay and other auction sites. Each bid must be approved by an administrator for now, but if things go well, we will be automating the process.
3. Items are sold as is, where is, with no guarantees. All sales are final. Every attempt will be made to describe the item(s) as accurately as possible, however, Cape Girardeau County maintains no liablity due to errors in description. Items will be available for inspection during normal business hours only if arrangements are made in advance to do so.
4. Payment will be accepted via cash or check ONLY in the Cape Girardeau County Treasurer's Office. Upon payment, you will be presented with a receipt. Winning Bidder will take possession of item(s) upon presenting this receipt to the responsible party. Items must be picked up within 7 days of auction close unless other arrangements have been made.
5. Items must be picked up in person; we will not ship items at this time.
If there are any questions regarding this process, please contact Eric McGowen at firstname.lastname@example.org. Good luck!