Cape Girardeau County Clerk/Election Authority
Kara Clark Summers
Phone: (573) 243-3547
Fax: (573) 204-2418
8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Monday through Friday
County Clerks Office
#1 Barton Square
Jackson, MO 63755
|The County Clerk's Office emphasizes serving the citizens of Cape Girardeau County in a timely, effective and ethical manner. We stress good working relationships with the public, co-workers and other government offices and entities.
The County Clerk's Office performs a multitude of functions for our citizens:
- Administers all Elections in Cape Girardeau County
- Voter Registration in Cape Girardeau County
- Absentee Voting
- Filing of Candidates for County Offices and some Political Subdivisions
- Personnel, Payroll and Benefits for County Employees
- Clerk to the County Commission
- All insurance programs for the County
- County Tax Books
- Issue County Liquor Licenses
- Railroad and Utility Tax Books
- Secretary to the Board of Equalization
- Maintain Records
- Administer Oath for Notary Commissions approved by the Secretary of State
- Preparation of County Financial Statement
- Works with Political Subdivisions for finalization of tax levy certification
The staff of the County Clerk is committed to maintaining the highest ethical standard while providing efficient, and helpful service. Please contact our office with any questions, concerns, or comments. We are here to serve you.
Missouri's Voter Photo ID Law
Effective June 1, 2017
County Liquor Licenses
Renewal invoices have been mailed to all businesses with a current liquor license.
License fees are due by June 30, 2017.