The deadline for Appeals to the Cape Girardeau County Board of Equalization (BOE) has been extended to Thursday, June 21, 2018.
We currently have openings on the following boards:
(3) Openings on the Road & Bridge Advisory- Hubble Township, Shawnee Township, Liberty Township- 3 Year Terms
(4) Stormwater Advisory Committee
(2) Cape Girardeau County Developmentally Disabled Board
(1) Cape Girardeau County Reorganized Common Sewer District
(1) Senior Citizens Fund Board
Citizens interested in serving on these boards should submit a board application to the County Commissioner’s office. For more information, please call (573)-204-2494 or click link to the application.County Board Application
May 24, 2018
The Cape Girardeau County Commission has unanimously agreed to participate in the Missouri Sales Tax
Holiday on August 3-5, 2018.
Section 144.049, RSMo, establishes a sales tax holiday during a three-day period beginning at 12:01 a.m.
on the first Friday in August and ending at midnight on the Sunday following. Certain back-to-school
purchases, such as clothing, school supplies, computers, and other items as defined by the statute, are
exempt from sales tax for this time period only.
Cape Girardeau County produces a monthly informational newsletter for its citizens.
Click onlink below to subscribe.
Subscribe to eNewsletter