We currently have openings on the following boards:
(1) County Law Enforcement Restitution Fund Board -Commission Appointed- 3 year term
(3) Openings on the Road & Bridge Advisory- Hubble Township, Shawnee Township, Liberty Township- 3 Year Terms
(4) Stormwater Advisory Committee
(1) Cape Girardeau County Developmentally Disabled Board
(1) Industrial Development Authority Board
Citizens interested in serving on these boards should submit a board application to the County Commissioner’s office. For more information, please call (573)-243-1052 or click link to the application.County Board Application
November 28, 2017
No Burn advisory issued.
Due to the combination of temperature, low humidity, dry ground covering, and the possibility of increasing winds, the Cape Girardeau County Commission is issuing a "no burn advisory" for Cape Girardeau County.
All county residents are advised to postpone open outdoor burning until the fire danger decreases.
If you are driving or working outdoors, be extremely careful to discard smoking materials. The grass along the highways is very dry and could easily ignite. Campers and hunters should be extremely careful.
For more information contact:
Richard Knaup, EMA Director
Cape Girardeau County
Cape Girardeau County produces a monthly informational newsletter for its citizens.
Click on link below to subscribe.
Subscribe to eNewsletter